• I ensure our customers are always in focus and strive to make them smile. I meet and serve our customers showing empathy and care. I am willing to listen and support them with an attitude based on the IKEA values.
• I lead by example and am a good ambassador for the IKEA store in all contact with our customers, and I give them a good reason to return again and again.
• I always look at my store through the eyes of our customers and walk the store regularly. I have a daily dialogue with our customers to get continuous feedback about their experiences and to learn more about their needs and wants. I then take action based on their input.
• I take immediate action to meet the needs of customers and give input on how to continuously improve the meeting with them. I encourage my colleagues to do the same.
• I know about the services offered in my store and use this knowledge to help customers.
• I ensure our customers have a great shopping experience at all times throughout the day.
• I have an overview of the store business plan and IKEA Food action plans, and I contribute to my area’s action plan by supporting my manager in implementing it with the team.
• I secure an irresistible food offer by ensuring an attractive presentation and communication of the range.
• I am passionate about my products and actively learn about their content, origins and other benefits. I share this knowledge with my customers and colleagues.
• I know my top-selling products and 3 Aces and 1 King, and I ensure they are available and clearly communicated and displayed at all times.
• I work with my manager to actively contribute and support relevant marketing and in-store activities.
• I support my manager in implementing range changes in a simple and cost-conscious way.
• During unexpectedly quiet times I initiate commercial activities that attract store visitors and increase the take-up rate, or take other actions to secure productivity.
• I ensure my area is efficiently maintained as well as clean, organized, attractive and inviting to provide a positive customer experience.
• I use my local market awareness to give my manager input regarding range and pricing.
• I work with my manager to ensure all the co-workers in my area understand the IKEA Concept and key guidelines, as well as how these have an impact on their specific roles.
• I lead by example and support and coach my colleagues on the job so they can meet the needs of our customers and grow professionally.
• I work actively to create an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality, and diversity is valued, to ensure IKEA Food is regarded as a great place to work.
• I take an active role in my team and co-operate when needed with colleagues in other parts of the store.
• I keep my colleagues informed so that they can perform their roles effectively. I pass on my knowledge to colleagues and encourage them to do the same.
Steering the business
• I contribute to making the IKEA store successful, high performing and capable of achieving sales growth.
• I work towards agreed goals and take appropriate action to ensure I meet them.
• I challenge costs by working in a lean, simple, cost-conscious way, using and sharing good examples and encouraging the team to discover smarter ways of working.
• I ensure that the IKEA Quality and Food Safety Policies and routines are followed.
• I report any food incident, or potential incident, through CASY and inform my manager. I contribute to creating a “safety first” culture where co-workers are encouraged to raise and discuss concerns and solutions.
• I ensure there is the right number of co-workers in the right place at the right time to run my area successfully.
• I also work proactively to avoid bottlenecks and consistently improve customer satisfaction.
• I ensure the daily operational routines and actions set out by my manager for the area are implemented